Article delegate-en/3142 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119

Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: SSL disconnect problem
24 Feb 2006 11:51:45 GMT peqgabdyi-lnxhrzvqjvnr.ml@ml.delegate.org

Hi,

I think you found the problem, the telnet client (it is a selfmade
software with openssl)  are always using the same source port (1025). I
shall tell them to change it to use random ports and then probably the
problem will be solved.

Thanks

Best regards
Johan Bäck
Network Manager

Oy EKM Service Ab
Bangatan 10 - 10600 Ekenäs -Finland
Tel: 000-000 0001 Fax: 000-000 0001
GSM: 000-000 0001
e-mail: peqgabdyi-lnxhrzvqjvnr.ml@ml.delegate.org

http://www.ekm.fi
http://www.surfnet.fi

feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)
23.02.2006 09:24
Please respond to
feedback@delegate.org

feedback@delegate.org
cc
peqgabdyi-lnxhrzvqjvnr.ml@ml.delegate.org
Subject
Re: [DeleGate-En:3147] SSL disconnect problem

Hi,

In message
<_A3140@delegate-en.ML_> on
02/22/06(18:02:27)
you peqgabdyi-lnxhrzvqjvnr.ml@ml.delegate.org wrote:
 |Now I can see that delegate answers the encrypted alert, but it still
 |stays up in windows. If I check with netstat, delegate session are up
 |(TIME_WAIT) until windows time_wait value are reached.

It is very normal that a connection is held in TIME_WAIT status after
disconnected.  A problem can occur only when a new connection is
tried to be established from the same source port to the same distination
port of a zombi connection in TIME_WAIT.

 |-@[194.252.66.15]ekmgw.ekm.fi:57749 (0.015s)(1)
 |02/22 10:01:24.27 [3448] 2+0: PATH:

|telnet://192.168.10.6:23!ssh:8026!ekmgw.ekm.fi:57749!anonymous@ekmgw.ekm.fi;1140595284

In this case, from port 57749 to  port 8026.  I'm not sure whether it
is true, nor I don't know the reason.  I need to know more information
to figure out what is the problem:

 - does not it occur without SSLway?
 - which Telnet client program are you using ?
 - from which source port number does a new connection comes from