Article delegate-en/3123 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: Timeout issues
30 Jan 2006 21:18:52 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

you Gertjan Klein <peugabdyi-bfsye35mi25r.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote:
 |>Hmm...  I uploaded dbg4.exe to inspect for which host/addr the scan_HOSTS()
 |>function is stacking.  I think you will be able to escape the problem by
 |>adding HOSTS=host/addr by hand.
 |
 |The new log is at http://www.gklein.org/temp/dg_log4.txt
 |
 |The culprit appears to be lines like the following:
 |
 |(WIN) 25:48 [1264] ------ addhost1(localhost/:::::::)
 |
 |I also noticed that on the second run of delays, this line appears
 |multiple times. I wonder why that is?

The delay seems to be caused just to convert IPv6 address from symbolic
representation like ":::::::" to its binary representation.
Maybe it is delayed in inet_aton() or inet_pton(), and maybe the protocol
interpreter invoked when the connection is accepted via your VPN does not
interpret it.  I did not suppose such case when I supported IPv6 in
DeleGate/9.0.0.

 |I must admit I don't quite understand this line. Does this indicate an
 |IPV6 address? If so, is there any way I can turn off IPV6 support? I
 |don't need it.

IPv6 can be disabled at the compilation time by selecting socket libraries.
For the time being, try pre2dbg5.exe with disalbed initialzation for