[DeleGate-En] Re: delegate: mixed up window sizes
> I've experienced some strange problems with the handling of the tcp
> window size in delegate. By now, I was not able to debug it, I just
> want to ask if other users have reported similar problems. It looks as
> if the packets get fragmented in a wrong way which makes my Checkpoint
> reject them. I'm currently using 8.11.3 but I had similar problems
> with 8.9.1.
> addendum: I'm just analysing the code which is rather complex. I
> assume that this is a bug in the ftp handler which is called via xinetd.
I've some more results:
- the banner message get's fragmented on some connections (this is a
kernel issue, may be some special socket options?)
- the fragmented packet is correct as I can see
- Checkpoint as well as Sonic Wall reject this packet in the application
filter as they don't assemble fragmented packets at this stage
- I've shortened the banner to fit into a ~780 byte packet which
- I've to figure out why the packets get fragmented, this is somehow
strange as the window-size is not restricted by the client nor by the
- I've to figure out why they are dropped at the firewalls
- is the packet strange?
- is the application layer filter broken?
- is there some limit?
*Benjamin Schweizer* | dsb AG
phone +49 7000 000-000f | fax +49 7000 000-000f
Konrad-Zuse-Strasse 16 | D-74172 Neckarsulm