Article delegate-en/2959 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: delegate running as https service
02 Jun 2005 00:51:17 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

you "James Brooks" <ppufqbdyi-dyd2yvasb5xr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote:
 |Again, sorry to bother you but I am still having problems with HTTPS
 |redirects. I have downloaded every version of sslway that is on your ftp
 |site under sslway old.  I noticed that you log file claims you compiled
 |the win32 9.0.0 version of delegate 050413, So I downloaded all versions
 |of sslway from sslway-20020226 to sslway-20041208 and still none seem to
 |fix the problem.  I even download openssl and created a new
 |server-key.pem and server-cert.pem and placed them in the same folder as
 |delegate. Still no luck with sites that do http to https redirects.
 |Such as http://mail.berea.edu which redirects to https://mail.berea.edu

Are you using DeleGate on Windows???

 |I have tried delegate version 8.11.4 to 9.0.2  Here is my setup.
 |
 |delegate -f -v -P81 SERVER=https FCL=sslway CMAP=/test/sslway:FSV:https
 |ADMIN="admin@berea.." RELAY=proxy,delegate:*:*:* URICONV=where:any
 |
 |Do you see anything I am doing wrong?
 |Thanks again for all your help and the great product.

The problem is caused by shareing (jamming) a SSL context in SSLway
between FCL and FSV, sharing SSLway on memory linked by dinaymic linking.
Thus forking SSLway as a process can solve it.  SSLway can be invoked as a
function of DeleGate like "delegated -Fsslway", it can be used like this:

  CMAP="delegated -Fsslway:FSV:https"

I tested it with DeleGate/9.0.2 on MacOSX exactly as follows, without
any extra certificate or private-key:

  delegated -v -P81 SERVER=https FCL=sslway \
    CMAP="delegated -Fsslway:FSV:https" \
    ADMIN="me@my.." RELAY="proxy,delegate:*:*:*" URICONV=where:any

Then accessed https://delegate:81/-_-https://www.att.com without problem.