Article delegate-en/295 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: Newsserver headercount limit?
13 Feb 1999 03:54:01 GMT ysato@etl.go.jp (Yutaka Sato)

On 02/13/99(09:44) you Holger Krull <peyaqbdyi-yavwm6yunvxr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote
in <_A294@delegate-en.ML_>
 |the port 119 works now, but the server denies to send all headers.
 |There seems to be a limit at 200 headers. Is this an error or a feature?

Thank you for your notice.
Limiting the maximum available XOVER range is the feature of DeleGate
but applying the limit to this NNTP-DeleGate was my failure.  Once
this server had been set up as a public caching NNTP proxy with full
newsgroups as well as DeleGate's one then I limited heavy usage of it,
with a parameter NNTPCONF="xover:200".  I missed to remove the
restriction after I made dead copy of the original server with
configuration files and devoted new one to the service only for DeleGate.