Article delegate-en/292 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119

Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Question about the cache
12 Feb 1999 13:04:48 GMT "=?ISO-8859-1?Q?S=F6l=E9tormos_Csaba?=" <pdmaabdyi-dyd2yve2idxr.ml@ml.delegate.org>
PC-Szoftver 3000 Kft

Hi,

maybe it's a stupid question:
if I browse the /var/spool/delegate/cache/ftp directory the cached files are fully
usable( not broken, not truncated, etc...)
if I browse the /var/spool/delegate/cache/http directory, I couldn't found any
gif jpeg or html that were usable. All of them (the few dozen, i try) were broken!
What does 'cache' mean here, if files are not complete? And I think, they are
broken at a random position....I guess, it would occupate a very-very large
diskspace for full files, but the question is about 'cache'

[the nntp cache are also good for offline reading]

bye
SAXON