Article delegate-en/2895 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: Compilation of delegate 8.11.2
05 Apr 2005 22:08:55 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

you "Rousseau Pierre \(DBB\)" <pjyfqbdyi-g7ilkrrpmhjr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote:
 |I have downloaded new version of delegate. I have extracted files on AIX5.2 server and I have launched compilation with CC... (see in attached file"Compilation")
 |make: 1254-053 Command "$(MKCPP)" expands to empty string.
 |
 |cc: 1501-228 input file c++ not found

It is likely that your CC does not recognize "-x c++" option which means
getting input file as a C++ program.

 |If I try to execute only "cc -O -x c++ -DQS -I../include -O -c teleportd.c -o teleportd.o" in teleport folder, the error is the same.
 |For information, I have successfuly compiled Delegate8.9.6 on the same machine...

DeleGate has come to be based on C++ and C99 instead of K&R C after the
version 8.10.

 |Do you have idea about this issue?

If your CC supports C++, then the following might make it advance:

  % make clean
  % make CFLAGSPLUS="-DNONC99 -DQS -TP"

Otherwise, you might be able to make DeleGate without boundary checking
feature, thus dangerous to use, like this, but I never recommend this:

  % make CFLAGSPLUS="-DNONC99"