Article delegate-en/289 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: How can I search the english mailing list?
12 Feb 1999 05:31:18 GMT ysato@etl.go.jp (Yutaka Sato)

On 02/02/99(23:40) you Buchs Christian <p7uaabdyi-dyd2yvfcqdxr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote
in <_A253@delegate-en.ML_>
 |I can't use the nntp, pop and ftp services on the
 |server wall.etl.go.jp (I can't connect, probably because
 |of my ISP proxy). So I'm forced to use the http service
 |to read the mailing list.

I found that the archive service via POP is disabled by my mistake
about access control of (origin NNTP) DeleGate which had become
not appropriate after some version up.  So I updated the configuration
of POP-DeleGate on wall.etl.go.jp and confirmed it works as follows:

% telnet wall.etl.go.jp 110
Trying 192.50.77.225...
Connected to wall.etl.go.jp.
Escape character is '^]'.
+OK Proxy-POP server (DeleGate/5.8.7 by ysato@etl.go.jp) at wall.etl.go.jp starting.
USER delegate-en
+OK gatewaying to NNTP server // 200 localhost PROXY NNTP server  DeleGate/5.8.7 READY. // 211

 |I have tried to found a search engine for searching
 |the english mailing list on the Delegate web site,
 |but without success (maybe it will come later...).

It will not be available because I'm refusing any robots to retrieve
the archive (via NNTP/HTTP gateway), using "/robots.txt"

I wrote about archive service via NNTP, FTP and HTTP at:
  http://wall.etl.go.jp/mail-lists/delegate/284
  http://wall.etl.go.jp/mail-lists/delegate/288