Article delegate-en/2802 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119

Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] problems with PAM
20 Dec 2004 13:18:10 GMT "Shade" <p6ifabdyi-jfjnzgnpvonr.ml@ml.delegate.org>

  Hello, Yutaka.
  I have some problems with PAM authentication. Well, I'll try to describe the problem in the whole: I've got local and external networks, and a firewall between them. On the same computer with the FW there is installed DeleGate. I use only 6 protocols: telnet, ftp, http, pop, smtp, imap and their 'ssl-forms'. Well, earlier for proxy-users' authentication I used special files, e.g. 'proxy.users', where the information about logins and passwords of allowed users was kept. Then my boss told me he wanted to use PAM for this purpose. I did "AUTHORIZER='-pam/delegate-auth'", where 'delegate-auth' is my own pamconf file. Everything works, I can see, that DeleGate works with PAM. But there are two problems: 1. there are no pam-logs at all. When I log-in my FW-computer locally, there are lots of pam-logs in /var/log/auth/*, but when I go through DeleGate, using PAM, there are no logs at all.
  And 2. I need to allow only users in special group 'delegate-users' (there they have home directory and shell - /dev/null, in order not to let them into FW-system). I know that I can use modules 'pam_group' and 'pam_require' (www.splitbrain.org). And when I use them on the local FW-machine, or, for example, through ssh from the remote machine (to the FW-machine), it works fine. But when I use it with DeleGate, it acts like there is no 'group'-rule in the conf-file.
  Well, that's all. Sorry, if I explained the problem not very well. If I made mistakes in formulating some things, please correct me. Thank you and PLEASE HELP!