Article delegate-en/2801 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: New to delegated :)
20 Dec 2004 09:24:08 GMT "Master Brian" <p4yfabdyi-kvnd4bc6s3jr.ml@ml.delegate.org>

Hi Yukata,

thank you for your answer. After few time I'm using delegate software I'm
very happy, it solve me some old question :). I've read carefully your mail,
but this does not solve my problem. I hope you have time to listen the
problem.

In the way you show me, delegate only works for one ldap server. Because of
mechanism of digital sign, I don't know on which ldap server my users will
do any request, and I can't use the mount feature supported for ldap because
I cannot modify the ldap client, it simply make a request over internet
(trough the gateway-delegate) and wait for the CRL.
There is any way to set as ldap target the ip address/dns of the server that
I redirect to ldap-delegate?

I'll try to exlpain better.

My user are in a lan without direct access to the internet. They only have a
proxy to work externally.
The ldap client on my users computers make ldap request on many internet
server. The ldap server on internet change, the ip change, so I cannot
define them statically.
On the first gateway for my users, I've installed delegate. With iptables I
redirect any connection trough the gateway on port 389 to the delegate port.

for example my user 192.168.10.11 make an ldap request to
ldap.infocamere.it:389. The gateway 192.168.0.1 intercept it and redirect to
delegate.
So delegate should make a request trough socks for ldap.infocamere.it:389.
But I cannot statically configure it, beucase if my users ask for another
ldap server (for example indicepa.gov.it:389) the default ldap_server cannot
give the right answer.
Do you think there is any way to solve this with delegate?

I know that it is a very singular problem, but I really don't want to open
port 389 from my lan for security reason, delegate seems to be the solution
for my problem.
Thank you again.