Article delegate-en/2800 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: SSLway on demand for STARTTLS (Re: SSLway / EHLO / STARTTLS)
19 Dec 2004 23:07:24 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)
The DeleGate Project

On 12/19/04(19:00) I (Yutaka Sato) wrote
in <_A2799@delegate-en.ML_>
 |I agree that the implementation of STARTTLS in DeleGate should be more
 |neat, but I think it should be implemented in each protocol interpreter
 |of each application protocol, as described in
 |<URL:http://www.delegate.org/mail-lists/delegate/9913> (in Japanese,
 |sorry) while keeping the code of SSLway as simple as possible.
 |
 |In this approach, we can realize "starting TLS coder (sslway) only when
 |it is necessary", as realized in STARTTLS for FTP-data.  Also it will
 |ease the replacement of SSLway with other simple TLS coder in future,
 |like s_server/s_client of OpenSSL.
 |So I extended "smtp.c" to support such "SSLway on demand" by extending
 |the CMAP parameter.  It can be used as
 |
 |  CMAP=sslway:FCL:starttls
 |instead of
 |  FCL="sslway -St"
 |
 |and
 |  CMAP=sslway:FSV:starttls
 |instead of
 |  FSV="sslway -St"

I implemented this for STARTTLS in FTP-DeleGate too, thus you can wrap
FTP by SSL with

  CMAP=sslway:FCL:starttls

instead of

  CMAP="sslway -St:FCL:ftp" CMAP=sslway:FCL:ftp-data

and

  CMAP=sslway:FSV:starttls

instead of

  CMAP="sslway -St:FSV:ftp" CMAP=sslway:FSV:ftp-data

 |The pre-release version 8.10.4-pre1 implementing above functions is at
 |ftp://ftp.delegate.org/pub/DeleGate/beta/

The current snap-shot of DeleGate including this extension is uploaded
as 8.10.4-pre2.