Article delegate-en/2795 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: Using Delegate Proxy to connect to Upstream Proxy and using Authentication
19 Dec 2004 06:58:05 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)
The DeleGate Project

On 12/06/04(19:37) you Tapish Kumar <tapishk@yahoo..> wrote
in <_A2791@delegate-en.ML_>
 |I am trying to access an UPSTREAM PROXY(non-delegate) using the DELEGATE Proxy. I am using the following command :
 |
 |delegated -P8005 SERVER=http AUTHORIZER="-list{test:test123}" PROXY=10.10.10.27:80 PERMIT="http:*:*" +OWNER root +DGROOT /root/delegate/
 |
 |I use a client browser ( Internet Explorer) to access this proxy . I do get a prompt to Authenticate the Delegated proxy. After keying in the same , I receive one more prompt to connect to the Upstream Proxy . After I enter the required aunthentication I get amessage saying " not able to connect to the required proxy using Delegate.
 |
 |I then remove the AUTHORIZER param and restart the DELEGATE..The Proxy then works fine.. What should be done now?

If you need to control proxy-authentication for chained-proxies, from
the client with different authentication for each proxy, it is not
supported clearly by the specification of the HTTP protocol.
When your upstream-proxy requires proxy-authentication as a pair of
username:password like "user:pass", it can be generated by DeleGate
like this:

  MYAUTH=user:pass

Or if your upstream-proxy accepts the same authentication which is used
for DeleGate, it can be forwarded like this:

  MYAUTH="%U:%P"

See the reference manual for more details.
<URL:http://www.delegate.org/delegate/Manual.htm#MYAUTH>