Article delegate-en/2774 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: Regarding using delegate as a proxy to access auth-tls ftp servers
17 Oct 2004 15:51:36 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

On 10/18/04(00:40) you "Jonas Larsen" <pzyfabdyi-p5lznxpy4zxr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote
in <_A2773@delegate-en.ML_>
 |The output is pretty much the same if i try to force it to use START TLS, it
 |says its wrong version or something, i have seen that error before when
 |trying to connect to ssl irc with the wrong settings, i dunno how to fix it
 |though.
 |As u can see i get the login prompt of the ftp server without any problems.
 |But when i type in password it does nothing. but just throws me back on the
 |prompt fo the proxy.
 |
 |> Could you show me the log with the following parameter ?
 |>
 |> CMAP="sslway -St:FSV:ftp" CMAP="sslway:FSV:ftp-data"

Sorry, it should be (as in your setup)

 CMAP="sslway -St/ftp:FSV:ftp" CMAP="sslway:FSV:ftp-data"

because DeleGate is trying STARTTLS in SMTP protocol, since it could not
detect that the server is talking in FTP.  And adding -vd option like
follows will give us more helpful information.

 CMAP="sslway -vd -St/ftp:FSV:ftp" CMAP="sslway:FSV:ftp-data"

 |And now i will paste the log fro the server:
 |
 |[root@episode src]# ./delegated -v -P35000 PERMIT="*:*:*"
 |[/root/delegate8.9.6/src/sslway]sslway -St
 |## SSLway[736](port160.ds2-vbr.adsl.cybercity.dk) STARTTLS to server -- SMTP
 |## SSLway[736](port160.ds2-vbr.adsl.cybercity.dk) STARTTLS to server -- 500
 |'STARTTLS': Command not understood.