Article delegate-en/275 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: PERMIT parameter
11 Feb 1999 11:26:28 GMT ysato@etl.go.jp (Yutaka Sato)

On 02/10/99(01:42) you "Erekose Ermizhad" <pbuaqbdyi-p5lznxkwgjxr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote
in <_A269@delegate-en.ML_>
 |I read the manual on how to invoke delegate but i might missed some of
 |the imporant points there.  Normally I start delegate by issuing the
 |following command
 |./delegated -P5000 -vv PERMIT="*:*:2.2.2.*,*:*:198.1.1.45" so that only
 |machines on segment 2.2.2.0 and host with IP address 198.1.1.45 can use
 |my proxy.  Is this the right command to use ??? Or is there a better way

The syntax of the value of PERMIT parameter is like this:

[Manual.txt]
>   *PERMIT   ProtoList:dstHostList:srcHostList

Note that the value must be a single triple, not the list of triples.
Thus your example must be specified either of followings:

    PERMIT="*:*:2.2.2.*,198.1.1.45"
or
    PERMIT="*:*:2.2.2.*"
    PERMIT="*:*:198.1.1.45"

 |to do this. Also I need to ask U this.  I just found that I was able to
 |access and use my http proxy server from outside with IP address that is
 |not permitted in the host list.  I dialed to my ISP and then just wanna
 |check whether I could use my delegate proxy server.  I thought I would
 |be denied access, however it was not !!!.  Why ???

Your example will be interpreted as follows:

    PERMIT="*:*:2.2.2.*,*"