Article delegate-en/2743 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: licensing of delegate
09 Sep 2004 04:08:15 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

you Peter Michalek <pwyfabdyi-gztgaljnjkdr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote:
 |I was wondering what would be the cost of licensing delegate for a
 |product that will eventually be commercial and not opensource.
 |What I need is probably only part of the functionality since proxy is
 |not the core of the product, just a small functional block with trivial
 |proxy support.

In our current pricing model for DeleGate ver.8, the license fee depends
on the ratio of functionality of DeleGate to be used by each licensee.
It is classified into three categories: "less than 10%", "less than 50%"
and "up to 100%".  The fee in the case of "less than 10%" is 1/8 of full
fee in case of "up to 100%".  So far, several licensees of DeleGate have
been licensed in the category "less than 10%".

If you are interested, please contact our T.L.O. via mail to
<delegate-license@m.aist.go.jp>.