Article delegate-en/274 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: Controlling NNTP Posting
11 Feb 1999 09:35:41 GMT ysato@etl.go.jp (Yutaka Sato)

On 02/03/99(23:10) you Dennis Cartier <p7yaabdyi-p5lznxmr4zxr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote
in <_A254@delegate-en.ML_> (nntp://coe/mail-lists.delegate-en/254):
 |I would like to either split the reading/posting abiltiy of users onto
 |different NNTP Servers or simply block posting. I do not have full
 |control over one of the NNTP Servers so I can not simply block posting
 |on it (and allow posting on the other). So is there anyway to control
 |posting and reading ability of users through delegate?

[Manual.txt]
>     ro -- Read only for NNTP protocol to inhibit POST command

For example if you have two servers, server-1 and server-2 MOUNTed
and you need to inhibit posting to server-2, then:

  delegated -P8119 SERVER=nntp MOUNT="= nntp://server-1/" \
                               MOUNT="= nntp://server-2/ ro"