Article delegate-en/2733 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: Ftp virtual hosts like http
29 Aug 2004 04:52:27 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)
The DeleGate Project

On 08/23/04(23:20) you "Stefan Calaci" <scalaci@iconeweb..> wrote
in <_A2731@delegate-en.ML_>
 |I'am using delegated to redirect http calls to different web servers....
 |
 |Here is my config file for the web

 |-P80
 |MOUNT="/* http://192.168.11.211/* vhost=www.example21.com"
 |MOUNT="/* http://192.168.11.212/* vhost=www.example22.com"
 |.
 |.
 |.
 |MOUNT="/* http://192.168.11.219/* vhost=www.example29.com"
 |SERVER=ftp://192.168.11.111
 |
 |I would like to do the same with ftp... Is it possible ?

The answer is No, if you mean the virtual server for FTP client (which
talk FTP protocol with the server).  It is impossible by principle.
The virtual hosting in HTTP/1.1 is possible because HTTP/1.1 clients
sends "Host: virtual.host.name" filed in the request message header.
HTTP protocols older than HTTP/1.1 including HTTP/1.0 did not support
the feature thus the virtual hosting was not available.