Article delegate-en/2730 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119

Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] HTTP Authentication
23 Aug 2004 13:02:53 GMT Mat Moot <pvifabdyi-bfsye32ai25r.ml@ml.delegate.org>

First, thanx for this lovely piece of art :)

Recently I compiled Delegate on FreeBSD to use it as a private HTTP proxy in my house! This is how I start it:

./delegated  -P9465 SERVER=http REMITTABLE=+,http RELAY=proxy,delegate PERMIT="*:*:*.private.net"

Any comments about the command line??!! It does what I need so far.

Now I want to start authenticating the users. Where should I define the users IDs and Passwords??? I've read this is related to setting up an ftp but this is all I know so far.

Your help is highly appreciated.

regards,