Article delegate-en/273 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: Problem with Delegated and Telnet with INTR char
11 Feb 1999 09:19:29 GMT ysato@etl.go.jp (Yutaka Sato)

On 02/09/99(06:36) you Ben Kressman <paiaqbdyi-dyd2yvdgqdxr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote
in <_A266@delegate-en.ML_>
 |I'm using delegated to do SSL Telnet and masqing to an internal host.  I
 |notice that when I am logged-in in this manner, that if i send an
 |interupt character (normally set to CONTROL-C on most terminals) that it
 |disconnects me from the sever.  It seems to be directly related to
 |Delegate, and doesn't matter what I change the intrupt character to, it
 |will always disconnect.  The reason i found this out is on linux and
 |other unixes you have to do a interupt to get it to stop processing a
 |task like ping or traceroute.. But instead I get killed..  Any idea why
 |this is happening and any ideas as to how to fix it?

Telnet-DeleGate of older versions before 5.3.6 (May98) have such problem
that they cause disconnection on relaying break key like control-C when
the Telnet server supports SYNCH (as OOB, Out Of Band data on TCP
connection) of the Telnet protocol.  This problem occurs irrelevantly
with the usage of SSLway.

If you are using a newer version of DeleGate, I don't know the reason,
but I think the disconnection could be relevant to the SYNCH/OOB too.
I'm not sure but SSLeay seems not supports relaying OOB. At least my
SSLway program does not care it. Thus something can be lost on the
connection. But I could not reproduce such disconnection with following
conditions.

Red Hat Linux release 4.1 (Vanderbilt)
Kernel 2.0.27 on an i586
% delegated -P8888 FCL=sslway SERVER=telnet://localhost
% delegated -P8023 FSV=sslway SERVER=telnet://localhost:8888
% telnet localhost 8023