Article delegate-en/2687 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: Rate limiting on forwarded connections
28 Jun 2004 22:49:19 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)
The DeleGate Project

On 06/29/04(00:27) you =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Eric_D=F6nges?= <ppyfabdyi-dyd2yvegnoxr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote
in <_A2686@delegate-en.ML_>
 |The problem I'm running into is that now, if the server sends data at a
 |rate much higher than what the device can accept, connections are
 |simply dropped without my server being informed that the connection
 |couldn't be forwarded.
 |I've tried setting the 'listen' and 'conpch' MAXIMA parameters to one
 |in an attempt to force DeleGate to behave more like the direct connection
 |(i.e. the server is blocked on the send until the device accepts the
 |connection), but haven't had much luck - it's still silently loosing data.
 |
 |Is there any way to force DeleGate to refuse to accept new connections
 |until all previous connections have been successfully forwarded ? Or do I
 |have to implement some form of rate limiting in my server ?

You can forbid parallel connections over DeleGate by limitting parallel
delegated processes like this:

  MAXIMA=delegated:1