Article delegate-en/265 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Configuration of ICQ UDP-relay ?
07 Feb 1999 10:33:56 GMT Marco Morcos <puaaabdyi-dyd2yvhpadxr.ml@ml.delegate.org>

> -- REPLYING TO THE FOLLOWING MESSAGE --
> From: Lars Holmstrm <paqaqbdyi-dyd2yvhpadxr.ml@ml.delegate.org>
> Date: 07 Feb 1999 08:30:01 GMT
> --

Dear Lars,
  I will attempt to set up UDP Relay (for ICQ) step by step.

1- Open a server port to accept requests from ICQ clients
    I have this as port 4000 but you can give it a different number.
    And make it forward requests to port 4000 on icq.mirabilis.com.
    command:
    {path to delegated executable}/delegated -P{my port number}
     SERVER=udprelay://icq.mirabilis.com:{port number 4000}
In your case:
 /var/spool/delegate/delegated -P4000 SERVER=udprelay://icq.mirabilis.com:4000

Make sure that your delegated executable is indeed in the path you specify.

2- Next you open a port 1080 for Socks 4
/var/spool/delegate/delegated -P1080 SERVER=socks

3- Then you need to setup the icq clients to send requests to your server port
4000
     on which you are running udprelay.
The following settings should get your icq client running:

I am using SOCK 4 proxy
SOCKS4 host should be set to your server IP address
SOCKS4 Port should be set to 1080
Open an outgoing UDP port 4000 on my firewall
I am behind a firewall or proxy

And remember to click the "for technical support" button
or the servers tab and add a server with your server's IP address and port 4000

By the way you can have multiple ICQ ports on your server by repeating the
above steps with a differnet port number on your server.

Cheers,
Marco Morcos