Article delegate-en/2647 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: basic question http-Client ---> DeleGate ---> https-Webserver
12 Jun 2004 04:34:33 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)
The DeleGate Project

On 06/09/04(22:41) you <michaelf2000@web..de> wrote in <_A2635@delegate-en.ML_>
 |I would like to use DeleGate for the following (no client-authentication):
 |
 |http-Client ---> DeleGate ---> https-Webserver
 |
 |Unfortunately, I don't have too much knowledge about proxys. After a lot oft tries it worked with the following configuration:
 |
 |delegate ADMIN=amin@abc..xy -P8080  -v SERVER=http FSV=sslway MOUNT="http://website.xy/* https://website.xy/*"

If you use this DeleGate for servers other than "https://website.xy",
unconditional filter like FSV=sslway is not good.  Instead it must be
applied conditionally as CMAP="sslway:FSV:https:websie.xy:*".

If you use this DeleGate only for "https://website.xy", then configuring
clients (browsers) to use DeleGate as a proxy seems bothersome.
You should use MOUNT="/* https://website.xy/*" and access this DeleGate
as an origin server.

 |However, sometimes the http-website in the browser loads very slowly, although the site is always the same, and the connection is ok. Am I using the proper configuartion for DeleGate? Or is there a better way?

I can't figure out how often it occurs, how slow it is.  The logfile
on such situtaion may be helpful to understand what is going on.