Article delegate-en/2632 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119

Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] fake activity of an idle connection
03 Jun 2004 19:21:37 GMT Travice Dane <p6yeqbdyi-b7amn6b6ywvr.ml@ml.delegate.org>

Hello,

We use delegate to proxy ssl encrypted telnet connections from our external clients to a telnet server inside. Everything works just fine. Unfortunately, those connections can remain inactive (idle) for a quite long period of time. Because some of our clients have outbound firewalls with connection idle timeout, an inactive connection gets killed. I'm wondering, is any way to make delegate to create some fake activity to keep the connection alive?

I will appreciate any help. Thank you very much!

Travice.