Article delegate-en/2628 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119

Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] DNS & FTP Proxy problems
27 May 2004 16:09:00 GMT piqfabdyi-5ilfsul6r5fr.ml@ml.delegate.org

Hi,

I am using the latest copy of delegate on Linux redhat and have the
following problems:

I have configured server X to be my internal DNS server. On server X i
have delegate running with the following config:
# delegated -P53 SERVER=dns \
    RESOLV=cache,file,nis DNSCONF=domain:my.domain

FTP proxy is running with the following config:

delegated -P8021 SERVER=ftp

Problem:

Clients fail resolve names using the delegate DNS proxy. When trying to
connect to ftp servers, the proxy gives the message that the it will allow
read-only and drops the connection.

Suggestion: The current problem reporting method is very archaic and does
not allow for knowledge management and sharing. There are tons on packages
on the web to manage lists. How come you are not using one??? :(

Thanks
Andrew Shika