Article delegate-en/2593 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: Sigsegv when trying to run delegate 8.9.2 on yellowdog 3
06 Apr 2004 11:41:21 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)
The DeleGate Project

In message <_A2592@delegate-en.ML_>
on 04/06/04(17:39:16) you "Rich Stanton" <rich@uwcm..uk> wrote:
 |> In message <_A2588@delegate-en.ML_> on 04/06/04(04:18:58)
 |> you "Rich Stanton" <pdqfabdyi-4z7oftfgab5r.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote:
 |>  |interactively, and this is the log I got:
 |>  |04/05 19:17:53.09 [10527] 0+0: --INITIALIZATION DONE: 8.9.2 on
 |>  |Linux/2.4.20-8e--
 |>  |04/05 19:17:53.11 [10527] 0+0: E-A: ABORT: caught SIGSEGV [11]
 |>
 |> Possibly your setting of resource limit on stack size is too small
 |> to execute DeleGate.  It is expected larger than one megabyte at
 |> least.  What is the result of "limit" command ?
 |>
 |>   % csh -c limit
 |>   stacksize    8192 kbytes
 |
 |Doing this my stacksize was listed as 8192kbytes.

Then the problem seems not to be caused by stack limitation.

 |> Otherwise we need to know where the DeleGate stops.  Using gdb like
 |> follows will help us to locate the cause of problem.
 |>
 |>   % gdb delegated
 |>   (gdb) run -P9999 SERVER=socks
 |>   (gdb) where
 |
 |I executed the first 2 commands, and delegated did it's usual startup:
 |
 |GNU gdb Yellow Dog Linux (5.2.1-4b)
 |Copyright 2002 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
 |GDB is free software, covered by the GNU General Public License, and you are
 |welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it under certain
 |conditions.
 |Type "show copying" to see the conditions.
 |There is absolutely no warranty for GDB.  Type "show warranty" for details.
 |This GDB was configured as "ppc-yellowdog-linux"...
 |(gdb) run -P9999 SERVER=socks

This command means running DeleGate as follows:

 |Starting program: /usr/sbin/delegated -P9999 SERVER=socks
 |Program exited normally.
 |However there wasn't a '(gdb)' prompt.  I typed 'where' anyway and it said
 |'No stack' and then returned me to a (gdb) prompt.  I admit I have no idea
 |what I'm doing with these command, so I apologise if I executed anything
 |correctly.  What does the output mean?

Sorry, to let DeleGate run in foreground and be monitored by gdb, you
shoulld have done it as folllows:

 (gdb) run -v -P9999 SERVER=socks