Article delegate-en/2551 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: prompt for username/password before relaying
18 Feb 2004 08:48:10 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)
The DeleGate Project

On 02/18/04(12:02) you Travice Dane <nycstealth2002@yahoo..> wrote
in <_A2550@delegate-en.ML_>
 |Right now, delegate is installed on a box accessible from the Internet. Once it receives a connection from an outside client, it relays him to the telnet server inside. I have sslway filter enabled and everything works just fine. (Delegate command: ./delegated -v -P888 FCL=sslway SERVER=telnet://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx)
 |
 |My question, is any way (with filter or any other mechanism, but without hacking the code of delegate) to prompt user (in his telnet session) for username and password, check it against password file on the same box delegate is running, and only after that relay him to the actual telnet server?

If you are using DeleGate as a Telnet-proxy for arbitrary Telnet server,
that is with running DeleGate with SERVER="telnet" without specifying
a target server, you can do access control with AUTHORIZER parameter,
like this for example:

  AUTHORIZER=localhost

See <URL:http://www.delegate.org/delegate/Manual.htm#AUTHORIZER> for details.

  D G   Yutaka Sato <y.sato@delegate.org> http://www.delegate.org/y.sato/