Article delegate-en/2550 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119

Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] prompt for username/password before relaying
18 Feb 2004 03:02:25 GMT Travice Dane <p6yeqbdyi-uqy4d4ssjhjr.ml@ml.delegate.org>

I'm not sure if the following is possible to accomplish with delegate, so I'll appreciate any hint on the matter...

I have an internal telnet server, which I need to access from the Internet. All communication with the server has to be encrypted and clients must be authorized (with a valid username and password) prior to be connected to the telnet server.

Right now, delegate is installed on a box accessible from the Internet. Once it receives a connection from an outside client, it relays him to the telnet server inside. I have sslway filter enabled and everything works just fine. (Delegate command: ./delegated -v -P888 FCL=sslway SERVER=telnet://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx)

My question, is any way (with filter or any other mechanism, but without hacking the code of delegate) to prompt user (in his telnet session) for username and password, check it against password file on the same box delegate is running, and only after that relay him to the actual telnet server?

I understand the fact, that it's much easier to perform authorization on the telnet server, but in my case it's not sufficient.

Thank you for your help!

Vitaly.