Article delegate-en/2542 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119

Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Using Delegate in our company
11 Feb 2004 00:13:32 GMT "Mailer ADCD3" <p5yeqbdyi-uqy4d4uanhjr.ml@ml.delegate.org>

Hello ,

I recently was looking for a subsitute for our old proxy for our company and run into delegate .
I installed it and tried to play with it also read all the instructions , on the surface it look like the exact thing we need and also solid rock program
not like all other progs out there . But eventough i read it all i find it a beat hard to configure it .

I manage to run it , after running it , it asking for parameters , admin then -p then server after typing parameters it runs
I couldnt get it to run without the configurations start .

E.g : delegate.exe -p1080 server=socks
keeps getting unknown admin , and back to the command prompt

It only workes great if going via to configuration mode e.g
admin=admin@..
p1080
server=socks

then it runs

also couldnt quite understand what delegated means in the faqs .

What we need to achive is socks proxy and tcp relay(realay requests to otehr server) for 4 ports (80,443,3306,89)

Well aprucite any help on configuring the server .

With respects ,

Ran Hartal ,
System admin ,
ADCD systems