Article delegate-en/2511 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: delegate with SSL
19 Dec 2003 07:42:55 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

In message <_A2507@delegate-en.ML_>
on 12/18/03(01:38:38) you Jabba Laci <pzmeqbdyi-bfsye35mi25r.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote:
 |I've the following problem: we have an ftp server with SSL
 |encryption behind a firewall (machine B), and in the same
 |domain there is another machine outside of the firewall
 |(machine A). I want to acces B through A using delegate on A.

Why do you need the DeleGate on the machine A?
Who use the DeleGate?

 |>From A I can log in to B with lftp with the following
 |configuration:
 |
 |set passive on
 |set ftp:ssl-auth TLS-P
 |
 |How should I set up delegate on A? While there was no SSL on
 |the ftp server I could use this config:

Do the DeleGate use SSL with clients?

 |delegated -P$PORT  SERVER=ftp PERMIT="*:*:$ME"
 |ADMINPASS=$ADMINPASS
 |
 |I compiled sslway, but it's not clear how to use it. It is
 |an executable file, does it have to run in the background,
 |or will delegate start it automatically? I copied it to
 |$HOME/delegate/lib

At least you need FSV="sslway" to use SSL with the server, and FCL="sslway"
to use SSLwith the clients.  If your server uses negotiation before
stating SSL, some options of sslway will be necessary.
See <URL:http://www.delegate.org/delegate/ssl/>

  D G Yutaka Sato <y.sato@delegate.org> http://www.delegate.org/y.sato/