Article delegate-en/2489 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: Problems with PAM authentication
06 Dec 2003 20:55:34 GMT high <pvyeqbdyi-bfsye34tgr5r.ml@ml.delegate.org>

Yutaka Sato wrote:
> On 12/06/03(10:46) you high <high.mobley@prioritynetworks..> wrote
> in <_A2486@delegate-en.ML_>
>  |Your patch applied fine, but when I tried to run make in the
>  |delegate8.7.7 directory, I got the following messages:
>  |../lib/library.a(pam.o): In function `pam_auth1':
>  |pam.o(.text+0x438): undefined reference to `pam_strerror'
>  |Unfortunately I do not know the C language, so I do not know how to fix
>  |this error, though I assume it has something to do with the "extern
>  |char" declaration?
>
> It can be the problem of C language but the problem of the libraries on
> your host.  On what OS are you?  What is the version of your PAM library?
> I'm using Linux RedHat 7.1 and MacOS X both with Linux-PAM 0.74.
> The version of PAM is shown at the bottom of on-line man pages of pam.
> Can you get the man pages as follows?
> % man pam
> % man pam_strerror
>
> Anyway what we need is just the error code from pam_start().  It it is
> done without pam_strerror() thus the patch enclosed will be enough
> instead of the former.
>
> Cheers,
> Yutaka

  I am running Mandrake 9.0 inside a UML guest space (User Mode Linux).
During the process of trying to get your patch working, I found that I
didn't have the pam-devel rpm installed on this server. Once I installed
the pam-devel rpm, I was able to make DeleGate 8.7.7 with your patch.
The more interesting things is that PAM authentication started working.
So it appears that all I needed was to install the pam-devel rpm. Thank
you so much for your assistance. I have to run right now, but I will
relate more about my installation later.

--
High Mobley
Network Systems Administrator