Article delegate-en/2485 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: DNS NT4
05 Dec 2003 21:36:27 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

On 11/24/03(17:32) you Safari Al <puqeqbdyi-gztnjk7qfbnr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote
in <_A2468@delegate-en.ML_>
 |Does DeleGate cache DNS entries too when being used as a HTTP caching
 |proxy?
 |
 |On my NT4 Server DeleGate is not able to resolve DNS, even with the
 |RESOLV="sys".  I use a DNS caching software which needs the system to
 |point to itself for the caching program to handle the request.  I think
 |this is the problem,  the configuration works fine on my WinXP machine
 |tho. So, if Delegate is caching the DNS requests then I am happy and I
 |get rid of the DNS caching software and just use DeleGate.

DeleGate do DNS caching by default unless you get rid of "cache"
from RESOLV parameter of which default is RESOLV="cache,file,nis,dns,sys"

  D G Yutaka Sato <y.sato@delegate.org> http://www.delegate.org/y.sato/