Article delegate-en/2461 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119

Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: HTTPS PRoxy feature in Delegate
10 Nov 2003 07:43:42 GMT "Boris Wetzel" <ptaeqbdyi-rra4sdqoc3zr.ml@ml.delegate.org>

Hi Yutaka,

thanks for your feedback. We will try a setup with DeleGate to forward the packets.

Have a great day

Boris

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Yutaka Sato [mailto:feedback@delegate.org]
Gesendet: Samstag, 8. November 2003 22:41
An: feedback@delegate.org
Cc: Boris Wetzel
Betreff: Re: [DeleGate-En] HTTPS PRoxy feature in Delegate

On 11/07/03(17:55) you "Boris Wetzel" <b.wetzel@choin..> wrote
in <_A2456@delegate-en.ML_>
 |We use a web application that is accessed via https. The server is
 |located in the internal network. I would like to use a proxy in the
 |DMZ of our firewall to relay the https requests coming from the
 |internet to the original server. Is this something that Delegate can do?

I feel the reasonable solution of your case is just forwarding those
requests directly to the original server on IP layer, possibly with NAT.
DeleGate can forward it, maybe simply with SERVER=tcprelay://server:443
parameter, but it will not be so useful because the original server cannot
see the original IP address of requests.  It is inevitable as far as you
use proxy servers on application layer, including DeleGate, for such relay.

  D G Yutaka Sato <y.sato@delegate.org> http://www.delegate.org/y.sato/