Article delegate-en/2457 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: HTTPS PRoxy feature in Delegate
08 Nov 2003 21:40:37 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

On 11/07/03(17:55) you "Boris Wetzel" <b.wetzel@choin..> wrote
in <_A2456@delegate-en.ML_>
 |We use a web application that is accessed via https. The server is
 |located in the internal network. I would like to use a proxy in the
 |DMZ of our firewall to relay the https requests coming from the
 |internet to the original server. Is this something that Delegate can do?

I feel the reasonable solution of your case is just forwarding those
requests directly to the original server on IP layer, possibly with NAT.
DeleGate can forward it, maybe simply with SERVER=tcprelay://server:443
parameter, but it will not be so useful because the original server cannot
see the original IP address of requests.  It is inevitable as far as you
use proxy servers on application layer, including DeleGate, for such relay.

  D G Yutaka Sato <y.sato@delegate.org> http://www.delegate.org/y.sato/