Article delegate-en/2428 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119

Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] SSL / keep-alive configure question
30 Sep 2003 10:57:31 GMT ppqeqbdyi-6cvkcthhsbnr.ml@ml.delegate.org

Hi,

I'm using Delegate 8.5.9 with sslway as a server for http-clients which
connects itself to a https-server. Therefore I'm starting delegate with
the following parameters:

./delegated -r -P10000 SERVER=https RELAY="no" FSV=sslway MOUNT="/*
https://http-server/*" PERMIT="http:*:*"
REMITTABLE="http" CACHE="no" RESOLV=dns

The client connects to Delegate at port 10000 and Delegate initiates a
SSL-connection to the remote server. For higher Performance I want to keep
the connection to the remote SSL-server always alive, because the client
sends many requests to delegate and IMHO the SSL-handshake for every
request takes too much cpu-time. Is it possible to configure this (maybe
with HTTPCONF=cka-cfi )?

If this isn't possible, can Delegate/sslway re-use the SSL session-id?
This would also help to prevent a new SSL-handshake at every request.

Thanks a lot,
Alexander