Article delegate-en/2400 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119

Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: NNTP access via a HTTP -- FTP proxy
10 Sep 2003 12:17:51 GMT Gandhi Mukul <plmeqbdyi-q4vsjhq7qrvr.ml@ml.delegate.org>

Dear Mr. Yutaka,
   I am running DeleGate on a Windows NT 4.0 Workstation. I run DeleGate by
double clicking dg8_6_5.exe which I downloaded from delegate.org. Below are
the questions asked by DeleGate --
1) Do configuration y / [n]:   I answer -- y , and the next screen comes..
2) It asks ADMIN email id. I specify for e.g. mukul.gandhi@siemens.. I
press return key..
3) Port of the DeleGate ## -P[hostName:]portNumber . I specify for e.g.
-P 8080
4) Client's Protocol ## SERVER=protocol[://defaultServer/] . I specify --
SERVER=nntp://newsserver SSLTUNNEL proxy-ip:port     (I have to specify all
parameters on this line like SSLTUNNEL. *If I just specify*,
SERVER=nntp://newsserver and *press return key*, the console appears and I
am not prompted to enter anything else like SSLTUNNEL)

After this, DeleGate show a console showing the commands it is executing.

The DeleGate is now setup to access the News Server via my proxy server
using SSL tunneling.

Now when I give request from my news reader, the DeleGate console shows --
ERROR protocol inhibited: SSLTUNNEL
Can't connect:

It therefore seems my proxy server does'nt allow SSL tunneling.

Can you interpret something from the above details..?

If not possible through DeleGate --

Are you aware of any freeware web based service, which allows *any nntp://
news groups* to be accessed? I have found that Google groups provides this
service, but it does'nt allow access to *all nntp:// news groups* on
internet..

Regards,
Mukul