Article delegate-en/2379 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119

Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: Cache does not hit
20 Aug 2003 10:58:13 GMT Torsten Schlabach <piueqbdyi-c23u5qibwonr.ml@ml.delegate.org>

** 2nd attempt; you mail server rejected my mail because of the 266K
attachment **

Dear Yutaka,

>> Could you show me the LOGFILE of your DeleGate?
>> There might be a line which shows the reason why the cached file is not
reused.

Sure. I have downloaded dg8_6_3-snap03081906.zip and tried again with this
one. Same problem. I will attach the file to this e-mail. Maybe you will
find
out.

I am trying to track down a different problem and it is quite annoying that
a 45 MB file get downloaded over the line over and over instead of beeing
served from the cache ...

You may also want to have a look at the end of the log file. It shown an
attempt to so a SIZE on some files that fails because of some URL rewriting
problem.

I was trying to get into that by reading the source code, but did not yet
habe too much success. I sometimes have a hard time understanding when
reading
the log file if a line says that the client said to the DeleGate server,
what
the DeleGate server says to the real server and what is done only internally
in DeleGate.

I have patched some extra debug output in into my private copy of the source
to help me get a better understanding, but the whole beast is quite complex.
Maybe some of the those who are more experienced with the source can help.

Kind regards,

Torsten