Article delegate-en/2375 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: socks4 word filter/convert
18 Aug 2003 07:09:47 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

On 08/17/03(12:12) you "Jairon Jairon" <piyeqbdyi-uqy4d4vinhjr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote
in <_A2374@delegate-en.ML_>
 |I have been looking high and low for a proxy or packet shapper for windows
 |that can modify a specific outgoing/incoming string to something else. For
 |example. Running IRC through delegate using socks4 would search and change
 |all the usages of the word "hate" to the word "love". This seems very
 |possible after reading the manual multiple times; I am simply having trouble
 |implementing it. Any help?

To do so, you need to write a filter program which get data from stdin,
convert "hate" to "love" without destroying IRC packet format, then put data
to stdout (don't forget to disable buffering or doing fflush(stdout)).
Place the filter "hate2love" at DGROOT/lib , then invoke your SOCKS-DeleGate
with a parameter FTOSV=hate2love or FFROMSV=hate2love.