Article delegate-en/232 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: Delegate and Reloading Problem
18 Jan 1999 00:01:41 GMT ysato@etl.go.jp (Yutaka Sato)

On 01/18/99(06:38) you "John Varan" <p4uaabdyi-qjyh54lhjoxr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote
in <_A231@delegate-en.ML_>
 |Yes, without Delegate, the message does not appear.  The problem is that
 |it THINKS we have the page, when we really don't.  If I connect to a
 |page, and then hit "STOP" half-way through before it is finished, I only
 |have half the page.  Then if I hit "RELOAD", I get the message 304, and
 |it won't send me a fresh copy.  Therefore, I'm stuck with the
 |half-loaded page.  The only solution I've found is to disable the
 |caching in the browser, but this is not really feasable in the long run.

I think that who THINK that you have the page is your browser itself,
which issues a HTTP request with "If-Modified-Since" header field which
force a proxy or a target server recognize that you have it.
Anyway, to begin with, tell me

 - the version of your Netscape (Navigator?)
 - the version of your DeleGate
 - parameters you gave to your DeleGate

And I think testing DeleGate like following may give us hints to trace
what is going:

  delegated -P8080 -f FFROMCL=-tee FTOCL=-tee-h