Article delegate-en/230 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: Delegate and Reloading Problem
17 Jan 1999 18:22:13 GMT ysato@etl.go.jp (Yutaka Sato)

On 01/18/99(01:15) you "John Varan" <p4uaabdyi-hugik5tj4bxr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote
in <_A229@delegate-en.ML_>
 | |Netscape Client <---port 80---> Delegate <---port 8080---> web server
 | |
 | |However, my problem is with Reloading web pages in the Netscape
 |client.
 | |After pressing the reload button, Netscape returns the following
 |error:
 | |
 | |304 Not modified
 | |The document has not been modified, you can use your local copy.

"304 Not modified" itself is not an error but a normal response as
specified in the HTTP protocol, which shows that the document you
accessed is not modified since your last access, thus you will get
completely the same data with previous one if you force reload.

 | |The page then does not get reloaded.
 | |I am wondering if there is a setting in Delegate to fix this problem.

You mean that without DeleGate, if connected directly to the server,
you don't see the message?