Article delegate-en/2299 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: HTTP mediation
20 Jun 2003 07:59:59 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

On 06/20/03(13:49) you "Ng S. T. Chong" <p2ieabdyi-gztgalktjkdr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote
in <_A2298@delegate-en.ML_>
 |>  |For what I need it does the job although  I don't really
 |> need to have all  |the links rewritten.  All I need in my
 |> context is to have every url  |activation to carry a constant
 |> prefix, e.g., http://delegate..../
 |>
 |> Do you have any idea to set such prefix for every URL without
 |> rewriting? By the way, could you tell me the reason why you
 |> need such prefixing ?
 |
 |In my solution I insert the base href tag in the original document.

BASE tag affects only to relative URL in HTML body, thus if a URL in
original message is written in full-URL like http://www.microsoft.com/xxx
or if it appears in HTTP header or CSS body, it is left as is.

    <URL:http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/struct/links.html#h-12.4.1>
    >12.4.1 Resolving relative URIs
    >
    >User agents must calculate the base URI for resolving relative URIs
    >according to [RFC1808], section 3.
    >The following describes how [RFC1808] applies specifically to HTML.
    >
    >User agents must calculate the base URI according to the following
    >precedences (highest priority to lowest):
    >
    >   1.The base URI is set by the BASE element.
    >   2.The base URI is given by meta data discovered during a protocol
    >     interaction, such as an HTTP header (see [RFC2616]).
    >   3.By default, the base URI is that of the current document. Not all
    >     HTML documents have a base URI (e.g., a valid HTML document may
    >     appear in an email and may not be designated by a URI). Such
    >     HTML documents are considered erroneous if they contain relative
    >     URIs and rely on a default base URI.
    >
    >Additionally, the OBJECT and APPLET elements define attributes that take
    >precedence over the value set by the BASE element.
(relative URI in those tags are interpreted based on "codebase" attribute)

 |I need it to overcome the default security policy that prohibits
 |communication between client side code supplied by two different
 |domains.

Is the application written in Java or so?

 |Perhaps a lighter version of delegate is what we need.

Sorry?

Putting BASE into mediated HTML data by DeleGate might be useful to sweep
and redirect relative URLs in JavaScript which could not be detected by
DeleGate.