Article delegate-en/228 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: Delegate as BW manager
16 Jan 1999 09:09:16 GMT ysato@etl.go.jp (Yutaka Sato)

On 01/16/99(17:42) I wrote in <_A227@delegate-en.ML_>
 |On 01/15/99(00:56) you Evaghelos Tsiotsios <p3maabdyi-t7hpjil6rwxr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote
 |in <_A219@delegate-en.ML_>
 | |> I ran across Delegate in Freshmeat and I would like to ask whether you
 | |> have implemented in the program any bandwidth management features (you
 | |> know, like the amount of bandwidth allocated to various protocols or per
 | |> user limitations) or if you are planning to do that in a future version of
 | |> the program.
 | |> This would be very interesting for bandwidth-tuning the WAN link for the
 | |> various protocols passing through.
 |
 |I'm reminded of a similar question made last September in this
 |"mailing-list" and my answer is at
 |"http://wall.etl.go.jp/mail-lists/delegate-en/69"

I'm reminded of another fact that I made an experimental feature
about process scheduling and flow control by DeleGate in last October.
The original intention of the feature was preventing CPU and bandwidth
from occupied unfairly by a few intensive clients, and it was
implemented based on nice() and sleep().  I suppose that generalizing
these mechanism and controlling it by parameters like sorts of protocols
and users, as in access control, will do somewhat like bandwidth
management with a little extension to the existing mechanism of DeleGate.