Article delegate-en/2265 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119

Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] expire text only?
30 May 2003 06:39:36 GMT "Jim" <p3eeabdyi-5sbstgfsnwxr.ml@ml.delegate.org>

Just got DeleGate up and running. Nice piece of software!

One question: Is there any way to configure so images, sound files,
etc., are read from cache even when an http page header has expired a
page? The reason I'd like to do this is places like EBay set their pages
to expire every second (so the bid prices are current). But the item
images do not change, and it is frustrating to have to reload all the
image data just to see the current bid price.

Some expiration examples:
1. (normal expires tag in header)
2. <meta http-equiv="refresh" content="1800">
3. <meta http-equiv="Pragma" content="no-cache">
4. <meta http-equiv="Expires" content="Fri, 30 May 2003, 04:42:15 GMT">

So what I'm wondering is whether there's a way to only expire the
html/text part of a page, and override the expiration of the images and
multi-media content on the expired page. I realize this is probably
unusual, but DeleGate seems flexible enough, there just might be some
way to do this.

If so, is there also some way to configure DeleGate to support a
pass-through URL prefix, so our default behavior would override
expiration tags, but if the user inserted a special prefix to the URL,
it would not override expiration tags?

Otherwise, is there at least some way to cause the above pages to stay
in cache for some longer period of time, like an hour?

Thanks.