Article delegate-en/2249 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119

Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] proxy to unresolved domain question
19 May 2003 13:06:36 GMT "Shai H" <pzeeabdyi-h3lluoep4rxr.ml@ml.delegate.org>

I would like to know how I can do the following (if possible via delegate)

I want to enable calls to a website when that website does not have a
dedicated IP and its DNS is not resolved yet.

I was thinking the call should look like this:

http://<SHARED_IP>/<SITE_DOMAIN>/

this should be directed by delegate to http://<SITE_DOMAIN>/ since the
domain is not resolvable the local I thought about resolving via HOSTS, but
with no success, please check out the below delegate configuration and
correct me if you can…

dg8_5_3.exe -v -P12.12.12.12:80 SERVER=http RELIABLE="*" MOUNT="/* http://*
dst=aaabbb.com" REACHABLE="*" ADMIN=aaa@bbb.. HOSTS=aaabbb.com/12.12.12.12

Where:

12.12.12.12 – IP of the website (shared IP=other sites share this IP)

aaabbb.com – the site domain that is not resolvable to the world yet.

Thanks,

Shai