Article delegate-en/2247 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: delegate-en How do I enable and require basic HTTP Authorization
09 May 2003 16:52:56 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

On 05/10/03(00:51) you Mark Nordstrom <pyyeabdyi-h3lluodecrxr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote
in <_A2246@delegate-en.ML_>
 |> I want to require that user's provide a user name and password in order to
 |> be allowed to connect through the proxy. I just want to use ether -Fauth
 |> or a local file with user names and passwords. I've tried various things
 |> but nothing seems to work. What set of parameters must I set in order to
 |> get this functionality to work.

It depends on what protocol you are proxying.  For most protocols,
adding AUTHORIZER=yourAuthhost is enough.  But for HTTP protocol,
it is a little complicated.  Basically, the following will do:

  AUTH=proxy:pauth AUTHORIZER=yourAuthhost RELIABLE="*@yourAuthhost"