Article delegate-en/2239 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119

Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Delegate: Firewall-config + Proxy config
06 May 2003 11:33:47 GMT Gooly <pxaeabdyi-5sbstgbnvwxr.ml@ml.delegate.org>

Thanks for the reply, for some reasons gcc wasn't installed - done.
Now it worked and I face the next (much bigger problem) - may I ask for some
more help.

Beside normal use of the internet form my local LAN, I want to get the data of
an exchange-quotes provider (eSignal) on a Windows pc behind my Linux
firewall (currently set to masquerade):
  eSignal.Server (cm1.esignal.com) <-->
     firewall  <--> DeleGate (10.10.10.1) <-->
        eSignal.Client (10.10.10.3)

The eSignal-software works with some Windows-proxy-Server (Netscape Proxy,
Microsoft Proxy 2.0 and WinGate), with some it doesn't.
The requirements for the socksified proxy server are as follows:
   (http://www.esignalcentral.com/support/esignal/firewall.asp)
1.) " the client and server use both the "query-response" type and
active/streaming technology (TCP). "
2.) "up to 6 outgoing ports: 2189, .. 2196"
3.) "  Please note: eSignal applications do not support authentication queries
from the firewall/proxy server. It is strongly recommended that you use IP
authentication instead of user authentication; otherwise, the eSignal
application program on the client machine will not be able to access its
Internet servers. ".

Do I have to set your AUTH variable or can I just leave the default?

Would you be able to give an example of how to configure the firewall to
connect to DeleGate?

Thanks for all your effort.
I think it'll help me a lot,
Carl