Article delegate-en/2228 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: RE : [DeleGate-En] RE : [DeleGate-En:2223] RE : [DeleGate-En] RE : [DeleGate-En] stupid and newbie question
03 May 2003 20:09:01 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

Hi,

Searching Google with "duplicatehandle inherit socket handle bug",
I can find many pages which seems to be similar to this problem
in another server applications on Windows:

 http://www.apache.jp/viewcvs.cgi/httpd-2.0/server/mpm/winnt/mpm_winnt.c
 > if the particular stacks' bug is that it won't associate a handle as a
 > socket if that handle was duped with DuplicateHandle().  Other bugs with

If you see the same problem with Cygwin or Apache on your machines,
probably the problem with DeleGate is caused by the same reason.

The problem seems to be able to be described as "a socket handle duplicated
by DuplicateHandle() is not inherited to a child process, or it is not
recognized as a socket handle by a child process, on some WinSock
implementations".

So I made a test version of DeleGate which does not do DuplicatHandle()
and placed it at "ftp://ftp.delegate.org/pub/DeleGate/tmp/dg860a.exe"
Could you test it like dg860a.exe -f -W4 -P8080 ADMIN=... ?