Article delegate-en/2213 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: Configuring POP/SMTP protocol
21 Apr 2003 08:02:04 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

On 04/19/03(21:31) you "Didier Hung" <puqeabdyi-h3lluobycrxr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote
in <_A2212@delegate-en.ML_>
 |Rajeev have you been able to know how to make outlook express work with
 |deleGate as a sock server?

Socks?

 |I've also been trying to make it work but no luck. I may be missing some
 |points about how DeleGate or a circuit-proxy level in general works...
 |
 |after having launched DeleGate
 |
 |delegated -Phostname:1080 SERVER=sock.

SERVER=socks

You can check whether the DeleGate server works or not as a Socks
server for MSIE, checking only "Socks" and leaving "HTTP" blank in
its proxy configuration, then accessing HTTP pages by MSIE.

 |outlook express still does not work even when making Internet explorer
 |connection settings use my sock server ipaddress with port 1080

Are you sure that your MS Outlook Express can use Socks protocol?
As long as I know, MSOE does not support Socks by itself thus its
should be "socksified" using SocksCap or so to use Socks.