Article delegate-en/2209 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: RE : [DeleGate-En] How can I not log some objects of specific extension?
08 Apr 2003 16:03:25 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

you <pqyeabdyi-h3lluocmcrxr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote:
 |> Now I generalized NOLOGTYPE to NOLOG like the enclosed patch. With it,
 |you can specify  the type of response by response code or content type
 |like this:.
 |>
 |>  CMAP="302,304,image/*,video/*:NOLOG:*:*:*"
 |
 |It's working!!! But I suggest that rcode and ctype should be treated in
 |pair
 |(ex: 304/image/* or */image/*)

Although I omitted to explain, the patch does it so indeed.

>               sprintf(arg,"%d/%s",rcode,ctype);
>               if( strmatch_list(arg,buff,"",NULL,NULL) )

And this string matching function "strmatch_list()" assumes "*"
at the both end of string, thus "image/*" equals to "*/image/*".

 |because if we don't want to log something
 |specific, we don't want to not log something else... With your solution,
 |it did that but also all objects with rcode of 302 or 304!

304 response messages does not have Content-Type header, and 302's header
does not contain the Content-Type of the redirected resource,
thus it is not expected to work so practical.  Thus I did not mentioned it.

[RFC2616]
>10.3.5 304 Not Modified
>   If the conditional GET used a strong cache validator (see section
>   13.3.3), the response SHOULD NOT include other entity-headers.
>   Otherwise (i.e., the conditional GET used a weak validator), the
>   response MUST NOT include other entity-headers; this prevents
>   inconsistencies between cached entity-bodies and updated headers.

 |In other words, is it possible to do a list of logical AND with rcode
 |and ctype? (with possible * for rcode or ctype)

Indeed firstly I thought the extension on the string matching function,
but I did not do it because I got simpler solution like above.