Article delegate-en/2204 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: HTTP Proxy over TUNNEL doesn't work
06 Apr 2003 08:38:18 GMT "Dameon D. Welch-Abernathy" <plueabdyi-t7hpjioerwxr.ml@ml.delegate.org>

Yutaka Sato wrote:
> On 04/01/03(10:52) you "Dameon D. Welch-Abernathy" <plueabdyi-t7hpjioerwxr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote
> in <_A2192@delegate-en.ML_>
>  |This is delegate 8.5.2 on RedHat Linux 8.0.
>  |I am attempting to use an HTTP Proxy using a master/slave delegate setup
>  |using TUNNEL. I start up my tunnel like so:
>
> Could you tell me why you need it ?
> The tentative protocol for TUNNEL,  Vehicle/Teleport made 8 years ago
> and have rarely been used, is almost obsolete and recently I'm trying
> to replace it with SockMux <URL:http://www.delegate.org/sockmux/>.

The goal is to have the underlying TCP connection between the "local"
delegate and the "remote" delegate done over an ssh session. I would
like this ssh session to come and go as I restart the underlying
delegate process. The TUNNEL mechanism does this quite nicely.

> Sorry but I cannot understand well the explanation.
> But basically, I can say that when a host-name is resolvable at the
> client-side DeleGate, then the resolved address is forwarded to
> MASTER-DeleGate, by a "HOSTS name/addr" pair in the "DeleGate protocol"
> and it is used in the MASTER-DeleGate.

What happens if the client-side delegate can't look it up? Does it
simply forward the name, unresolved, to the server-side delegate?

In my situation, the client-side delegated can't resolve *any* host via
HTTP, including stuff I know the client-side machine can resolve, say
www.delegate.org. It only does this when using "TUNNEL" mode.

-- Dameon