Article delegate-en/2203 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: HTTP Proxy over TUNNEL doesn't work
05 Apr 2003 20:08:44 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

On 04/01/03(10:52) you "Dameon D. Welch-Abernathy" <plueabdyi-hugik5snmbxr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote
in <_A2192@delegate-en.ML_>
 |This is delegate 8.5.2 on RedHat Linux 8.0.
 |
 |I am attempting to use an HTTP Proxy using a master/slave delegate setup
 |using TUNNEL. I start up my tunnel like so:

Could you tell me why you need it ?
The tentative protocol for TUNNEL,  Vehicle/Teleport made 8 years ago
and have rarely been used, is almost obsolete and recently I'm trying
to replace it with SockMux <URL:http://www.delegate.org/sockmux/>.

 |local# delegated -P4269 TUNNEL=tty7:ssh.shio REMITTABLE=*
 |
 |ssh.shio looks like:
 |
 |o ssh ssh-gate.company.com delegate/delegated RES_NS=192.168.113.10
 |SERVER=tunnel1 \n
 |i READY\r\n
 |=

 |In theory, this local delegate should be able to accept HTTP requests.
 |It does accept HTTP requests, but it is not able to find *any* HTTP site
 |whatsoever, whether it be something it should be able to resolve locally
 |(such as http://www.delegate.org) or something that would be resolvable
 |by the delegate at the other end of the tunnel. Errors basically say the
 |URL is not found.

Sorry but I cannot understand well the explanation.
But basically, I can say that when a host-name is resolvable at the
client-side DeleGate, then the resolved address is forwarded to
MASTER-DeleGate, by a "HOSTS name/addr" pair in the "DeleGate protocol"
and it is used in the MASTER-DeleGate.